Principal - Dr. Tanaz Bruna
April 2, 2020
Dear Tidalwave Families:
I hope this message finds you and your family healthy and well. By now you have received Superintendent Keller’s latest update regarding school campus closures. If you did not, please take a minute to read it by clicking here.
As Dr. Keller stated, this is definitely not the news we were hoping for. On behalf of our entire staff, we are heartbroken to not be able to see our students close out the 2019-2020 school year together in person. This global health crisis has indeed and will continue to test our strength and resilience as individuals and as a community.
I understand that the announcement of keeping campuses closed for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year brings up many questions. In all of our minds we are thinking, “what about…” or “how will we…” Please know that our Tulita team is committed to continuing to serve our students’ learning and connectedness to school throughout this time. Each day our teachers are finding new and innovative ways to connect with students as they continue strengthening their skills as a distance learning teacher.
As principal, I will work hard at finding new ways to keep our entire school community connected, continue to celebrate achievements, and hopefully come up with solutions to some of those “what about…” questions. I have been saying this repeatedly but I’m going to say it again – thank you for your support and patience. Your support and patience has allowed our teachers to be mindful of lesson planning, given them space to explore and learn, and has kept our spirits high as we navigate this together.
I want to also take a minute to thank the entire staff for the resiliency they have shown in the last few weeks and the strength and space they have given me to lead our school through this “new normal.” I want to thank Tijen Loubert, PTA President, and the entire PTA Executive Board for their unwavering support of our school and community. If you know of a family in need, please reach out to them. Our community has always come together in times of need, which only makes us stronger.
If you have not started following us on Instagram, please take a minute to add us (@tulita_tidalwave and @redondobeachusd). For now, take care of you and yours and stay healthy. Continue to practice social distancing.
Tanaz Bruna, Ed.D.
Principal, Tulita Elementary
- Educational Doctorate, Ed.D., University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 2014
- Master’s Degree, Education, M.Ed., California Lutheran University, Thousand Oaks, CA 2003
- Bachelor of Arts, Communication Studies, Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, CA 1999
- California Clear Multiple Subject Credential/CLAD
- California Administrative Services Credential, Tier II
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE IN EDUCATION
- Principal, Tulita Elementary School - Redondo Beach Unified School District (7/14 - present)
- 2017 Redondo Beach Unified School District Administrator of the Year
- 2019 National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
- Coordinator, Educational Services – Redondo Beach Unified School District (8/12 – 6/14)
- Teacher on Special Assignment (TOSA) – Adams Middle School, Redondo Beach Unified School District (8/11-7/12)
- Principal, High School Summer Session – Redondo Union High School/Redondo Beach Education Foundation (Summer 2011/Summer 2012)
- Teacher/Program Coordinator- Redondo Union High School, Redondo Beach Unified School District (9/10– 6/11)
- Teacher- Alta Vista Elementary, Redondo Beach Unified School District (9/08– 2010)
- Outreach Consultant –Ontario-Montclair School District (12/05– 8/08)
- Teacher – Elderberry Elementary, Ontario –Montclair School District (1/7/01 – 11/05)
Phone: (310) 798-8628
Follow me on twitter to keep up with all the great things happening at Tulita - @TanazBruna