Principal - Dr. Tanaz Bruna
PRINCIPAL'S WEEKLY MESSAGE
Dear Tidalwave Families:
I hope you had a great long weekend celebrating Memorial Day! I want to take a moment to thank the men and women who fought valiantly and gave their lives for the freedom we have today. If you are looking for a student-friendly article to talk with your child(ren) about the meaning behind Memorial Day, please click here.
Happy Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week! I want to take a moment to thank each and every teacher, specialist, instructional aide, and staff member at Tulita for the dedication and passion they bring with them to school every day. I am not just saying this as a proud principal, but I truly believe that the staff at Tulita makes our school the incredible learning community that it is. Our teachers care deeply for our students and show it daily by creating engaging learning environments dedicated to the growth of our student’s academic, physical, emotional, and social needs. Our support staff works hard every day to ensure students are cared for, safe, and learning. Thank you to the entire staff at Tulita for being the amazing people you are!
I also wanted to say a special thank you to our parent appreciation committee - Melissa Boice, Allyn Leoff, and Chelsea Erikson, and all of PTA and room parents. I know they have been hard at work making this upcoming week special for our staff. We appreciate you just as much as you appreciate us so thank you for going above and beyond in making this week so special!
The days are going by so fast! It’s hard to believe this school year is close to wrapping up. I hope to see all of you at the Tulita Open House on Thursday, May 31st!. We will have the Grilled Cheese Truck available for families who want to include dinner in their open house adventures! Come and walk through the magnificent classrooms of Tulita and see the hard work that students and teachers have put in all year. Make sure to stop by the cafeteria and check out the beautiful Hands-On-Art display beginning at 5:30 pm. Classrooms will be open for viewing between 6 – 7 pm (TK Classroom open 5-6 pm).
Please remember that we have two minimum days this week! In addition to our regularly scheduled early-out on Wednesday, students will also be on a minimum day schedule on Thursday!
Thank you for reading this message thoroughly so you don’t miss any pertinent updates! You can always find my newsletter and any updates on our Tulita website at: http://tulita.rbusd.org/. If you know of others who are not receiving these newsletters, please encourage them to check their junk/spam folder!
Have a great week and see you at the gala!
Tanaz Bruna, Ed.D.
Principal, Tulita Elementary
- Educational Doctorate, Ed.D., University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 2014
- Master’s Degree, Education, M.Ed., California Lutheran University, Thousand Oaks, CA 2003
- Bachelor of Arts, Communication Studies, Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, CA 1999
- California Clear Multiple Subject Credential/CLAD
- California Administrative Services Credential, Tier II
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE IN EDUCATION
- Principal, Tulita Elementary School - Redondo Beach Unified School District (7/14 - present)
- 2017 Redondo Beach Unified School District Administrator of the Year
- Coordinator, Educational Services – Redondo Beach Unified School District (8/12 – 6/14)
- Teacher on Special Assignment (TOSA) – Adams Middle School, Redondo Beach Unified School District (8/11-7/12)
- Principal, High School Summer Session – Redondo Union High School/Redondo Beach Education Foundation (Summer 2011/Summer 2012)
- Teacher/Program Coordinator- Redondo Union High School, Redondo Beach Unified School District (9/10– 6/11)
- Teacher- Alta Vista Elementary, Redondo Beach Unified School District (9/08– 2010)
- Outreach Consultant –Ontario-Montclair School District (12/05– 8/08)
- Teacher – Elderberry Elementary, Ontario –Montclair School District (1/7/01 – 11/05)
Phone: (310) 798-8628
Follow me on twitter to keep up with all the great things happening at Tulita - @TanazBruna