Principal - Dr. Tanaz Bruna
PRINCIPAL'S WEEKLY MESSAGE
Welcome to the 2018-19 school year! I hope you and your families enjoyed a relaxing summer vacation filled with rest and leisure activities. I am thrilled to return for my fifth year as principal of Tulita Elementary and am grateful to continue to be surrounded by a dedicated, intelligent, and loving school community at the forefront of 21st century learning. For those families new to the Tulita community, I would like to extend a very special welcome. Our dedicated staff has been working hard preparing for another amazing school year, building on the successes and achievements of last year. I am certain your child(ren)’s academic career at Tulita will be both prosperous and enjoyable. As our returning families are aware, we strive to ensure every child feels welcomed, connected, and a part of the Tulita family, providing the high-quality education that our students deserve.
Our goals as a school this year continues to be to build resiliency and the growth mindset in our students. We will be focusing on strengthening our current instructional programs in addition to implementing new science and math curriculum. This school year, all grades will be implementing the Eureka Math curriculum which is a research based and highly regarded curriculum that develops students’ foundational and fundamental math skills through rigor and a strong focus on the Standards for Mathematical Practice. In addition, our new science curriculum, Amplify Science, focuses on the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) through hands-on labs and lessons.
I ask all of our families to help us in three small ways. First, show your appreciation to our wonderful teachers and staff whenever you can. Second, become involved in the PTA. Your membership in the PTA is critical, but your time and talent go much farther. We have some exciting PTA events and programs planned this year that can only work if everyone pitches in to help. Third, give to the Redondo Beach Ed Foundation (flyer attached) if possible. Thanks to RBEF, we continue to have ongoing teacher release time for collaboration, college going culture, music, and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) related activities at all RBUSD schools!
Lastly, I ask all of our families to make the commitment to become involved in at least ONE activity or event this school year. Multiple studies show that committed and connected parents produce high achieving students. I feel incredibly blessed to be at Tulita again this year and I am looking forward to another amazing year, focused on improving student learning and strengthening our commitment to the community. Please stop in to see me or email/call if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your commitment to the Tulita learning community.
Have a great school year!
Tanaz Bruna, Ed.D.
Principal, Tulita Elementary
- Educational Doctorate, Ed.D., University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 2014
- Master’s Degree, Education, M.Ed., California Lutheran University, Thousand Oaks, CA 2003
- Bachelor of Arts, Communication Studies, Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, CA 1999
- California Clear Multiple Subject Credential/CLAD
- California Administrative Services Credential, Tier II
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE IN EDUCATION
- Principal, Tulita Elementary School - Redondo Beach Unified School District (7/14 - present)
- 2017 Redondo Beach Unified School District Administrator of the Year
- Coordinator, Educational Services – Redondo Beach Unified School District (8/12 – 6/14)
- Teacher on Special Assignment (TOSA) – Adams Middle School, Redondo Beach Unified School District (8/11-7/12)
- Principal, High School Summer Session – Redondo Union High School/Redondo Beach Education Foundation (Summer 2011/Summer 2012)
- Teacher/Program Coordinator- Redondo Union High School, Redondo Beach Unified School District (9/10– 6/11)
- Teacher- Alta Vista Elementary, Redondo Beach Unified School District (9/08– 2010)
- Outreach Consultant –Ontario-Montclair School District (12/05– 8/08)
- Teacher – Elderberry Elementary, Ontario –Montclair School District (1/7/01 – 11/05)
Phone: (310) 798-8628
Follow me on twitter to keep up with all the great things happening at Tulita - @TanazBruna