Principal - Dr. Tanaz Bruna
PRINCIPAL'S WEEKLY MESSAGE
Dear Tidalwave Families:
I hope you had a very nice week off from school and enjoyed spring break. I couldn't have asked for nicer weather all week in the south bay over the break! Welcome back to school and the last few months of school for this year. We have many wonderful events coming up for our students in the coming weeks so please read all the information in this newsletter carefully and stay connected.
We kick off the week celebrating the first ever RBUSD spirit week. Students all over Redondo Beach are joining together to celebrate being a part of our larger learning community. Please see the calendar below on how your child can show his/her spirit this week and hopefully they are wearing yellow today to school.
Make sure you check out the event put together by South Bay Families Connected on Tuesday evening held at the Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center including a parent resource expo and guest speaker Dr. Denise Pope speaking on the many pressures our students face in today's world.
Friday we have two great events taking place. First, during the school day, students will be participating in our annual American Heart Association Jump Rope for Heart through PE classes. Students are encouraged to wear rainbow colors, tie dye, or red this day to school.
Friday evening is one of my favorite Tulita PTA events - Multicultural Night! I hope you have marked your calendar for this family friendly event celebrating and showcasing the many cultures that make up the Tulita community. PTA has worked hard with volunteers to bring this event to our school but we do need help with set up and clean up. If you can give a little bit of your time to this wonderful event, it will be much appreciated. Please click here to volunteer to help and read below for more details. Click here to sign up for the family potluck. We will also be celebrating the many cultures of Tulita by encouraging students to wear traditional dress of their culture to school on WEDNESDAY.
Thank you for reading this message thoroughly so you don’t miss any pertinent updates! You can always find my newsletter and any updates on our Tulita website at: http://tulita.rbusd.org/. If you know of others who are not receiving these newsletters, please encourage them to check their junk/spam folder!
Have a great week and I hope to see you Friday evening!
Tanaz Bruna, Ed.D.
Principal, Tulita Elementary
- Educational Doctorate, Ed.D., University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 2014
- Master’s Degree, Education, M.Ed., California Lutheran University, Thousand Oaks, CA 2003
- Bachelor of Arts, Communication Studies, Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, CA 1999
- California Clear Multiple Subject Credential/CLAD
- California Administrative Services Credential, Tier II
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE IN EDUCATION
- Principal, Tulita Elementary School - Redondo Beach Unified School District (7/14 - present)
- 2017 Redondo Beach Unified School District Administrator of the Year
- Coordinator, Educational Services – Redondo Beach Unified School District (8/12 – 6/14)
- Teacher on Special Assignment (TOSA) – Adams Middle School, Redondo Beach Unified School District (8/11-7/12)
- Principal, High School Summer Session – Redondo Union High School/Redondo Beach Education Foundation (Summer 2011/Summer 2012)
- Teacher/Program Coordinator- Redondo Union High School, Redondo Beach Unified School District (9/10– 6/11)
- Teacher- Alta Vista Elementary, Redondo Beach Unified School District (9/08– 2010)
- Outreach Consultant –Ontario-Montclair School District (12/05– 8/08)
- Teacher – Elderberry Elementary, Ontario –Montclair School District (1/7/01 – 11/05)
Phone: (310) 798-8628
Follow me on twitter to keep up with all the great things happening at Tulita - @TanazBruna