Welcome to Tulita’s Western Night Carnival
Howdy Tulita Families!
Tulita PTA has been busy preparing to host its 27th Annual Western Night! We hope this letter will give you all the information you need to know and let you know how you can help. Western Night will be held on Saturday October 19th from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Western Night is for the entire family & community.
All net proceeds go directly back into our school, but most importantly our kids LOVE Western Night. They feel great about their school and enjoy sharing a very special evening with their classmates and classmates’ families!
Before the Event
- This event requires a lot of volunteers to make it a continuing success. We ask willing parents to donate their time by signing up to work one-hour shifts running our game booths. Tulita students are welcome to help out at the booth but it must be with a parent. Middle school or high school age siblings may sign up to work a booth as well.
- We also request donations of items like water, baked chips, gift cards, and cakes.
- For children to play the games, you need to purchase them a wristband for $15. You will have the opportunity to do this at the Western Wear sales booth starting Monday, October 14th. Sales will be available both before school and at afternoon pick-up, or at the event itself. Children under 3 are free and adults do not need a wristband.
- Wristbands will also be available for pre-order from October 14th through October 17th via the Tulita PTA website and app. Pre-ordered wristbands will be available for pick up at the Western Wear booth the next day and at Western Night.
- Hats from the O’Ryan Hat Company and bandanas are also available for purchase at the Western Wear booth.
- $1 Raffle tickets will also be on sale at the Western Wear booth. Each ticket purchased allows you to enter to win lunch with your teacher or to win the RB Police Ride and Dine raffle. The winner of the police raffle gets a morning ride to school with one of Redondo Beach’s police officers. The officer will come back with a lunch of the child’s choice and eat with the child and his or her friends.
During the event
- If you have volunteered to work on a game booth please arrive 15 minutes before your shift, and check-in at the Volunteer Booth, which will be on the blacktop by ticket sales. You will find out where your booth is and simple game instructions will await you.
- Western wear, raffle tickets and wristbands will be available for purchase on the night of the event too.
- Join us for dinner! Mama D’s, Barbeque Station, and Wanna Chill will be selling food with a portion of the proceeds going back to Tulita. Some of the food is cash only, so please bring some cash with you, just in case.
- Our knock-your-boots-off Auction Barn is returning for its fourth year! Please stop by the Auction tent to see what fabulous items you may be interested in bidding on!
- Chili cook off! Buy a tasting card and you can sample the best chilis Tulita families have to offer.
- LIVE BAND and line dancing to entertain you throughout the evening.
- There will also be A LOT of fun games you’ll want to try, including our annual pie eating contest!
You can sign up to volunteer or donate at: https://signup.com/go/pSAzkOS
or through the PTA website or the Tulita app.
We wish you and your kids a great time and thank you for your support! See y’all there!
Tulita PTA Western Night Committee 2019:
Claudia Angulo, Michelle Freeman, Lisa Gurley, Allyn Leoff, Cari Lesser, Kate McClain, Lacey Minzlaff, Jeanette Real, Donna Reilly, Suzanne Scott, Amy Small, and Rebecca Zino
Feel free to contact us with any questions at TulitaPTAWesternNight@gmail.com.