UPCOMING PTA EVENTS
- Tues Dec 1st - Fri Dec 4th Tulita Book Fair click Book Fair Volunteer SignUp
- Tues Dec 8th - Tulita Talks: Coding
- Wed Dec 9th - ALL Turkey Trot Donations Due
- Thurs Dec 10th - Project Unified Donations Due click Project Unified 2015 Donation SignUp
- Fri Dec 11th - PTA Executive Board Meeting
- Tuesday Dec 15th - Eat for Tulita at Orlandos
- Friday Dec 18th - Turkey Trot Field Day
2015 Project Unified
The holidays are here and Project Unified has started! This is a RBUSD-wide event in which each school adopts families for the holidays to provide gifts and smiles to those who may be in need of support from their community during the holiday season.
There are over 50 families in need this year and our PTA has “adopted” six of these families (one per grade). Please join us in showing our community support during this holiday season by reviewing the Project Unified 2015 Donation SignUp and providing support, as you are able.
- All gifts should be unwrapped
- All gifts should be left in the front office in the box marked “Project Unified” by Thursday December 10th.
- Please clearly label the family (eg. Family #11) along with the age and gender of the child that the gifts are for
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR KINDNESS, GENEROSITY AND GIVING SPIRIT.
Questions? Please Emma Macleod, firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd Annual Turkey Trot Jog-A-Thon
The Tulita PTA's largest and most important fundraiser of the year!
WE STILL NEED YOUR PLEDGES - PLEASE HELP US REACH OUR FUNDRAISING GOAL!!!
- Go to http://pledgestar.com/tulita
- Enter your name and email address, then click Register
- Follow the instructions on-screen
click to open up the 2015 Turkey Trot Brochure
Questions? Please contact Rachel Lonsdale or Harlika Acosta at Tulita
Tulita PTA Year-Round Sponsors
Thank you to the Tulita PTA's YEAR ROUND SPONSORS. Your support allows the PTA to provide valuable support at Tulita.
Interested in becoming a year-round sponsor? Please contact Donna Reilly, VP of Fundraising, for information.
2015-16 PTA Calendar of Events
2015-16 PTA Support at Tulita
PTA Sponsored School-Wide Events (FREE)
● Back to School Ice Cream Social ● Inflatables Day ● Art Night
● Multicultural Night ● Spring Family Night ● Science Fair
PTA Supported Field Trips (entrance fees for students and chaperones and transportation)
● TK: Tanaka Farms ● Kindergarten: Wilson Park Farmers Market ● First Grade: Hermosa Beach Sea Lab
● Second Grade: Los Angeles Zoo ● Third Grade: California Science Center
● Fourth Grade: Knott’s Berry Farm Gold Rush Day ● Fifth Grade: Griffith Observatory
● Story Pirates ● Red Ribbon Week Assembly
● Yellow Ribbon Week Assembly ● Science Week Assemblies (2)
● Walk Through California: 4th Grade Walk Through California
● Walk Through California: 5th Grade Walk Through the American Revolution
Teacher Appreciation – Tulita Teachers Are Awesome!!
● 7 luncheons/brunches in a calendar year
● Provide $300 per teacher for classroom materials
● Provide all teachers with $100 Book Fair gift certificates and teacher book "wish list" baskets
● PTA works closely with Dr. Farzad to fulfill principal/teacher/classroom/campus wish list needs
● Technology support
● Honorary Service Awards – recognizes outstanding volunteer support at Tulita
● Battle of the Books (PTA purchases application fees, books and event hospitality)
● Hands on Science: three week-long science for Kinder – Third Grade
● Reflections Art Program: state-wide PTA program recognizing outstanding artwork in dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts.
● Student of the Year: PTA provides $100
● Hands on Art: PTA purchases all supplies and pays for all docent training and fees for 6 art-based projects a year and one docent per classroom (TK-5)
● Running Club: provide funds for water bottles and sound system for running club
● Walking School Bus: provide funds for supplies
●Tulita Talks (Adult Education): Growth Mindset, Conscious Discipline, Ucode, Mindfulness, American Red Cross CPR training, Nutrition lectures
●Time For Kids magazine (First – Fifth Grade) ●Scholastic "Let's Find Out" magazine (Kinder)
●Agenda Planners (4th and 5th grade students) ●Yearbook
●Weekly eBlast updates ●Room Parent coordination
●Back to School "Summer Packets": mailed out in August prior to school start
PTA Supported Hospitality (food, drinks, decorations, supplies)
●PTA Association and Board meetings ●RBUSD District events ●All parent Assemblies
●Back to School New Parents Welcome ●Ice Cream Social ●Halloween Parade
●First Day of School Welcome ●Career Days ●RBEF Donor Day
●Kinder Round Up ●ShareFest ●5th grade graduation
●Membership incentive classroom parties ●Teacher Appreciation meals
●Tulita Graduate Scholarship Fund ($1000) ● Scholarship for 5th Grade Science Camp
● Campus Beautification ● Equipment for campus
● Playground Equipment
● PTA Board Members and Committee Chairperson trainings and workshops
● Tag-a-long Program: PTA member to participate in an event prior to taking a leadership role
● Tulita Turkey Trot (fall fundraiser) ● Book Fairs ● Box Tops ● Western Night
● Silent Auction ● Eat for Tulita (E4T) ● Spirit Sticks
● Spirit Wear ● Matching Corporate Sponsorship
● Family Portrait ● Yearbook ● Amazon.com ● eScript
● Comedy and Magic Club ● Galleria Rewards ● Reduce/Reuse/Recycle Sale ● Emergency Kits
● Farm Fresh ● Goofyfoot Photography Spring Portraits